Quality Project Leader (H/F)
GMD Plastic & Leather Systems is a GMD Group Branch providing design, development and production of innovative interior and exterior solutions for the automotive industry. With 14 production plants and 5 technical centres, we are 3,000 employees in 9 countries, generating 380 million euros in turnover.
Since 1964, we have built a long, trustful relationship with our customers.
Bringing together the technical centre and central functions, Eurostyle Systems has a total staff of 215 employees. The teams at the technical centre are dedicated to research, development, and testing for all the units in the plastics and leather branch. The central functions are in support.
Working under supervision of the Industrial Director, the main responsibilities of the Branch Lean Manager are the following:
- Lead and participate in the implementation of a continuous improvement process in conjunction with the Industrial department.
- Operationally manage the Lean team under his/her responsibility.
- Lead (in a support role) the “Lean Leaders” in the different sites in the set-up of a production system, common to the entire branch.
- Identify areas for improvement, quantify potential gains at production sites in conjunction with the site managers.
- Continuously lead the Lean improvement plans of the sites in liaison with the plant directors.
- Set up and lead the branch’s Lean reporting in liaison with the various departments.
- Improve safety/quality/productivity and contribute to improving the company’s KPIs through initiatives undertaken within the company’s various departments.
- Analyse workstations and production sectors with a view to making progress.
- Create and develop Lean standards in order to foster the Lean culture within the company.
- Interact with all the production site managers to identify opportunities for improvement and loss reduction.
- Analyse malfunctions, conduct reliability studies, and put improvement plans in place.
- Get managerial approval for continuous improvement projects, define progress plans.
Business trips are to be expected.
– Able to manage and ensure the effectiveness of his/her team in the implementation of projects.
– Knows how to ensure the development of the team members in their roles.
– Capable of leading change in the branch’s organisations and plants.
– Able to lead and conduct working groups.
– Capable of managing multiple tasks within an overall project.
– Proficient with Office tools – Good level of English (TOEIC score > 800)
An engineering diploma with a major in Plastics/Mechanics and 5 to 10 years of operational experience in an industrial site. Experience in the Lean methodology, Kaizen, Value Stream, QRQC, improvement projects (SMED, 5S, Hoshin, VSM, new production sites, etc.). A Black Belt certification (or equivalent) in Lean Management.