Product Design Manager
GMD Plastic & Leather Systems is a GMD Group Branch providing design, development and production of innovative interior and exterior solutions for the automotive industry. With 14 production plants and 5 technical centres, we are 3,000 employees in 9 countries, generating 380 million euros in turnover.
Since 1964, we have built a long, trustful relationship with our customers.
Bringing together the technical centre and central functions, Eurostyle Systems has a total staff of 215 employees. The teams at the technical centre are dedicated to research, development, and testing for all the units in the plastics and leather branch. The central functions are in support.
Reporting to the Branch Product Development Manager, your main responsibilities will be to:
• Coordinate your own research team, coordinate with the other research managers in the branch, development teams in
adjacent business lines, and encourage coordination between your team and the others.
• Carry out regular project progress reviews with your team according to identified risks and priorities, in particular by
organizing and participating in design reviews.
• Participate in the approval and updating of the business and product recommendations.
• Work with customers to support product leaders when needed.
• Take a cross-departmental approach and, with the means at your disposal (reviews, recommendation book, FMECA,
communication, etc.) ensure that the experience from multiple projects is taken into account.
• Put in place and organize internal and external staff resources (subcontractors) within the allocated budgets.
• Assume an advisory and training role for your team.
• Comply with the company’s rules, procedures, and processes and ensure that they are applied by your team.
• Ensure the quality of top-down, bottom-up, and cross-departmental information with the means at your disposal (leading
meetings, interviews, etc.).
• Set up/lead progress projects and initiatives and propose continuous improvements and innovations.
• Manage the human resources of your team (carry out individual interviews, see to training needs) with the Branch Product
• Make the teams aware of the safety aspects of operations (product safety) from the design stage
• Participate in meetings with the other research managers in the GMD Branch.
• Keep the KPIs up to date
• Approve product modification sheets.
• Participate in expert committees
— General knowledge of the techniques and technologies of plastics processing (injection)
— Proficient in the processes involved in analysing products, determining their functional dimensions, and designing them
— Able to lead a meeting or working group, Able to manage a project and a team, Able to keep track of and manage resources, Able
to motivate employees and manage their skills
— Two years or more in higher education or equivalent professional experience. Fluent English preferred