Project Sales Engineer RNM
GMD Plastic & Leather Systems is a GMD Group Branch providing design, development and production of innovative interior and exterior solutions for the automotive industry.
With 14 production plants and 5 technical centers, we are 3,000 employees in 9 countries, generating 380 million euros in turnover.
Since 1964, we have built a long, trustful relationship with our customers
Regrouping the technical center and central functions, Eurostyle Systems has a total workforce of 215 employees. The technical center teams conduct research, development, and carry out tests for all the units of the plastics and leather division. Central functions come in support.
Working under the Sales and Customer Marketing Director, the main responsibilities of the project business manager are the following:
– Manage the business activity related to projects under development in the relevant customer sector in order to improve their economic profitability up to SOP + 6 months.
– Analyse the company’s performance in relation to projects under development and report significant issues to the Sales and Customer Marketing Director.
– Work with the Sales and Customer Marketing Director to identify possible areas for improvement and implement the associated business strategy.
– Propose ways to improve project profitability and implement them in coordination with the Project Manager.
– Make sure that all files are complete to ensure the smooth transfer of projects to the Series Production team.
Capable of taking the lead with regard to the customer and the sales acquisition teams.
Able to: work in a functional organisation; motivate the employees and develop their skills; manage and optimise the department’s resources; step back from the situation and propose solutions; make independent decisions and manage priorities.
Familiar with the organisation and customer expectations in the automotive interior and exterior sector. Able to manage an international network of customer contacts and be present at the customer’s site during the decision-making phases.
Capable of negotiating with customers from different countries and/or cultures.
Highly proficient with costing tools, cost structures, the company’s calculation methods and those of the customer.
Also proficient with the office software required for the role (standard office software, Excel, SAP). A very strong command of English; sufficient to be able to read and write technical documents.
A 2/3-year university degree, with professional experience equivalent to 3 years on multiple sites or internationally and
professional experience of at least 5 years in the automotive manufacturing industry.